This is without a doubt, my favourite fruit recipe for spring and summer. It is so easy to make and such a simple idea, that I couldn't imagine it tasting this good before I tried it. I am a huge fan of Jamie Oliver recipes, and this one just prooves again how combining the right ingredients can make a delicious dish without you having to stand in the kitchen for hours.
(a very short) Shoppinglist :
1 good quality pineapple
about 4 heaped tablespoons of caster sugar
and a good handfull fresh mint leafs
1. Take the ends and the skin off of the pineapple.
2. Cut it into very thin slices, as thin as you can cut and put it aside for a moment.
3. Put the fresh mint and sugar into your mortar.
4. Keep bashing it around for a few minutes untill it looks like this.
(I know this can be quite a workout, but keep going ;)
5. Lay the pineapple on a plate and sprinkle over the mint sugar, or make layers in a glass or bowl like I did. Don't forget to sprinkle some mint sugar over every layer of pineapple you make.
I love this recipe so much that writing about it makes me wanna have it again right now! I hope you'll give it a try 'caus it's so easy to make and even more delicious to eat.
So let me know if you've tried it :)