Just wanted to let you know that I'm almost back to normal blogging, normal days and normal life :D
A few more (loooooong) days of hard work and our new crib is finished! well, at least the indoors is.. I'm not even gonna think about all the work we still have to do outside..
For now I'm leaving you with some pictures I made with my phone these last few days and expect a HUGE post next week about the house and ofcourse some new outfitposts!
Wish me luck with these last few steps :)
How have you been? Did you have a good weekend? As you all know my last few weeks have all been about our new home and I'm happy to say that 'the end is near' :) Unfortunatelly there are so many things that need to be done right now that I won't have any time left for blogging, I tried to combine it and really wanted to find a way to keep up with regular posting but I have to call a time out. Not for long, just for a week and a half and I'll be back!
Can't wait to show you our new kitchen! And the walk in closet which I still haven't decided on if I'm gonna organise it by color or garment..?? What do you think?
LOTS OF LOVE, DAPHNE
PS. in the meantime, follow me on twitter or facebook!
No regular Sunday Select this week, actually... no regular blogging this week as well. Our house is in the final stage of being ready so LOADS of things that have to be done but it's almost finished yaaaayyyy :D
Thought I'd share these pics with you quickly as I'm about to go to work in a few minutes. New doorhandles for the hall closet, lamp in the hallway upstairs, our bathroom is finally getting there ;) and some beautiful evening sunlight in our soon to be bedroom. AND this adorable bracelet I got from Debbie from Stylofax, thanks girlll!!
Also, our bunny is really sick and scared the hell out of us this monday, when I came home his head was all tilted and his eye was doing a twitchy thing (really scary!) Me being an overprotective bunnny-mom went to the vet right away and found out he has a parasite but we've cought it in an early stage so the medicines can do their job and hopefully he will be back to his old funny little cute self in about four weeks. I love you buns! Please hang in there..
Talk to you soon! Lots of love, Daphne
Last time I tried out a savory cupcake recipe with spinach and goatcheese (here) and was pleasently surprised by the outcome of it, so much actually that I decided to try another one. This time I went for a more spicy one with a bit of a kick thanks to the jalapeño peppers (HOT when eating directly out of the jar, just a little warning ;) Anywayzz, I might even like this recipe better cause of the sweetness of the corn that goes so well with the hot / salty peppers, GOOD!
What you'll need :
For the cupcakes
- 200 grams of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 180 ml broth
- 80 ml sunflower oil
- 150 grams corn kernels
- 2 Jalapeño Peppers
For the avocado Cream
- 200 gram butter
- 100 gram creamcheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime
- fresh coriander
- freshly ground pepper
And for decorating
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 bag tortilla chips (I used the plain ones, but the cheesy ones will taste great as well!)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (356 F) Sieve the flour and baking powder in to a bowl and mix in the taco seasoning and sugar. In another bowl, mix the eggs with the broth and sunflower oil. Put the mixtures together and mix with an electric mixer on a low speed till it becomes a smooth batter, then mix on high speed for about 10 seconds. Now add the corn and jalapeño's to your batter, place the paper cups in your cupcake tray and fill them up for about 3 quarters.
- Bake the cupcakes in the oven for about 25 minutes until tender.
- Now for the cream, mix the butter with an electric mixer until soft and add the creeme cheese. Peel and cut your avocado and mash it, then add to the mixture as well as the juice of half a lime, chopped up fresh coriander and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Use a pastry bag like I did or just use a knife to apply the cream to your cupcakes.
- Decorate them with a cherry tomatoe and a tortilla chip (snack one, two or three of them while your doing all this hard work ;) and your spicy cupcakes are ready to eat!
recipe via here
Hope you've enjoyed this recipe!
camel silk shirt - Mango // denim cutoffs - Levi's // polkadot tights - Asos
leather necklace - H&M trend (last seen here) // suede ankle boots - Asos // vintage leather belt
Hello again! How have you been? I have a very yummm foodpost waiting for you but have to find the time to put it up here on the blog, was very happy I had a little spare time to put this one up, but it won't be long hopefully :) Thanks so much for the patience guys and also for all the sweet comments / tweets / emails!!!
LOTS OF LOVE,
- Treated myself (and the boy) to some oreo's this weekend. I love the slightly salted cookies with the sweet creamy filling, YES PLEASE!
- This is my absolute dream couch. I know it is kind of 'old english style romantic' and some of you might find it old fashioned or extremely girly/girly but when it comes to decorating our own home, we always fall for the more classic styles and this couch is something that will definitely fit perfectly with that. Pieter loved this couch in a caramel colored rib fabric, but when I saw this sand colored floral one I was sold! It's been waiting for us for over a year and in a few weeks it will finally be in our living room. I can hardly wait :))
- Bad quality pic, but wanted to show you our new up&down shiners we've installed beside our garden doors. Love the effect on the brick walls!
- You can't tell it yet, but this is gonna be our walk-in closet (or better yet, entire room!) WOOT
I'm kinda bummed out cause we're not gonna be able to move in at the date we've planned. Some things took more time then hoped and we have to delay everything with 2 weeks.. So still one more month till we're gonna move in, let's hope everything goes according to plans from now on :)
Hope you'll have a great week!