Sweet warm summer fruit with buttery crumbles on top. It was the perfect dessert for when my cousin and her boyfriend came over last week. It was a hot day and finished up beautifully after a light couscous salad with some smoked chicken, red onion and feta cheese (will do a recipe post for you on that one, it's one of my favourite summer dishes!)
Like a lot of recipes I share with you, this also is a quick & easy one so ideal for when you're having friends/family over and you don't wanna stand in the kitchen too long.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED :
1 large (or 2 small) apples
a good handfull of raspberries
another good handfull of blackberries
60 gram of cold butter (the colder the better, not frozen though..)
90 grams of flour
4 tablespoons of sugar (I used homemade vanilla sugar, but regular table sugar is perfect as well)
2 tablespoons of oatmeal
1 lemon/lime/orange (depending on your taste and what you still have lying around :)
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Peel the apple, take the core out and slice it in to small pieces. Now wash your blackberries and raspberries, and mix them with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Grate your lemon/lime/orange and add the zest to the fruit mixture.
- Cut the cold butter in to cubes and mix it together with the flour using your hands until it becomes crumbs. Add the other 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the oatmeal and keep on making crumbs.
- Put the fruit mixture in an oven dish (or several small ones, making 1 for each person) and top it off with the butter/flour crumbs. Put it in the oven for about 20 minutes or untill golden brown and you're done!
- Serve it with some whipped cream, vanilla icecream or just enjoy it as it is.. :)