- We bought Zoef a soft little furry blanket of his own, especially for pets so he can be safe playing, washing, having a fight with it and just lay down and relax on it, as much as he wants.
- Finally, after stressing out for weeks about it, I got 'round to taking my camera to the 'repair lab' (it's one of those shops you don't have a normal name for, but it's a man in a lab-coat and he knows what he's doing ;) He cleaned the mirror, lenses and fitted with the settings a bit and it as as good as new again! This is one of the testshots he makes to see if it's alright or not.
- We also bought a new compact camera which makes amazing pictures for such a tiny little thing. This one Arnout made when he & Lianne came over for a visit.
A very happy Wednesday guys! I'm always glad when it's Wednesday again, I work a late shift so I get my mornings off to do some blogging and then it's just Thursday and weekend is here. (or atleast hashtag tgif is around the corner ;) Ha!
Back to this post, I've teamed up with SoV's Choice and came up with a bracelet-set giveaway for you. All you have to do is the following :
- follow me on instagram @chocolatechipcouture
- follow SoV's Choice on instagram @sovschoice
- repost the instagram picture about this giveaway and mention us in the comment.
That's it! Easy peasy and before you know it you can be the owner of a gorgeous set of bracelets from her new Fall Collection so don't hesitate and start instagrammin' :)
I really hope you love this giveaway and good luck with participating!
* GIVEAWAY CLOSES 22-11-2013, make sure to enter before*
Lots of love, Daphne
Congratulations Miekpiek! Your name was picked via Miniwebtool.com which means some beautiful bracelets are coming your way. (make sure to email me with your address :)
Thanks to all who entered and to everyone liking the giveaway on instagram! Because the contest said to regram and tag I could only include those who actually followed these steps in the name picking.
Excuse the poor quality, but I wanted to share this fun little video we made during our trip to Amsterdam a while back. I used an app for the montage and think it might have lost a bit of quality along the way. Nevertheless I love how it turned out and think it makes a nice change to all the photo's up on the blog :)
Lots of love and have a wonderful weekend!
1. MOTO Denim Parka - Topshop // 2. Double Breasted Pea Coat - Topshop // 3. Oversized Faux Fur Hooded Coat - Topshop
Lately I've been on the hunt for a new fall/winter coat. I still have a couple, but my Parka has lost it's crisp new look since it has been functioning as an all day coat keeping me warm and dry during daily bike rides to work and my two thinner coats (here & here) just don't keep me warm enough during the colder days (which I think are already here, yes I'm a mess when it actually get's really cold. I'm already stocking up on thermo underpants ;) So I have been searching the web for some potential new ones.
My favourite one so far is the Checked Coat from Zara, might have to go and try it on in the store any time soon! What are your favourites?
- When my sweet neighbour from a couple doors down the road came over for dinner & a tv-night in, we thought it'd be the perfect occasion to try out the new bakery in town and get ourselves some cupcakes. (which we then slightly abused, cutting them all in 3's so we could try all flavours ;)
- Cheeky outtake from this outfitpost.
- Displaying the flowers Pieter got me the other day. Okay... so somebody at his job got a whole bunch from a flower market they did some business with, but hey, I'm not complaining : flowers are flowers!
- I'm totally obsessed with all things under a glass bell jar and currently it's this silver little friend's turn.
- Before the whole stomach flu thing really brake loose and it was just a case of 'feeling a bit under the weather' I was trying to keep myself fit with lots of fruit/veggies ofcourse, chicken cup-a-soup and some other helpful stuff. Wasn't enough this time though, but normally.. works like a charm ;)
- Our crooked little cutie pie having a relax moment on the floor. We have under floor heating and he luvvvs it.
- As it's getting darker & colder outside and we're spending more time indoors, it's almost a 1+1 kinda thing that we like to make it more cozy and change things up interior-wise. We got this white wooden magazine rack the other week and it's so cool! We always had kind of an empty space underneath the stairs and this is just the perfect size for it, PLUS you can change it up A LOT :)
- When we were in Amsterdam for the Urban Outfitters store opening the entire Dam Square was turned in to a fair. We always like the atmosphere of fairs and Pieter has a soft spot for cotton candy haha.
- Had lots of fresh herb lying around and decided to make a herb-butter roll out of it. So handy and a good way to make use of your leftovers!
- Movienight with all of the neighbours from our block. We already saw Despicable Me 2 in the cinema but it just cracks you up every time you see it, it's the cute vs disturbing vs MINIOOONS that makes it very irresistible! Identity thief was also super funny and I can't help thinking of Gilmore Girls (Sookie ;) every time I watch something with Melissa McCarthy in it.
- Ferris wheel in the middle of Amsterdam.
- Housesitting a friends' house while she was on a holiday and she came to thanks us with these very cute flowers! So sweet.
- Discovering a totally new spot in the town we used to live a couple of years ago, so funny how it used to be just a plain piece of field when we lived there and now they turned it to a nice little park where you can sit & enjoy the water.
- Can you imagine it takes me an X-amount (I'm not gonna say how long, yes it's more than half an hour and yes it's a shame thing ;) to finally be happy about a shelf in our livingroom/kitchen? Haha.. guess we all have our curiosities ;)
- Getting photographed while taking a photo with my iPhone fisheye lens, such a cool gadget!
Hope you've enjoyed this month's Select Post! You can check out previous Monthly & Sunday Select posts by clicking here.
Lots of love and have a great weekend!
I'm not sure about you, but I have never done the whole 'blind-baking' thing before. It always scared me a bit.. same with soufflé's, roasting an entire chicken and making my own macarons (ahhh maybe one day ;) But I put on my brave pants (has to be pants, no such thing as a brave skirt!) and started this recipe, Dutch version here & quite similar English version here. It actually was really easy and I felt kinda stupid being scared of it for so long, really there's nothing to it! The flavour of this tart is deep chocolaty with zingy fruity apricot below and balanced out by a very basic but with a very nice bite, crust. Perfect as an after dinner tart served with some whipped cream or good quality vanilla icecream mmm!
Don't be like me and hesitate for years to try this out, get your bum to the grocery store and start baking! AND eating this baby soon yesss!
Lots of love, Daphne
I really need your help on this one. Like many of you out there, I am in love with our DSLR-Camera and always on the lookout for new lenses and possible body-upgrades. That being said, it's an inevitable fact that carrying around your big and quite heavy love for the day, can be a bit of a hussle. The next step is only more than logical : we're getting a compact camera. BUT WICH ONE??... We own a Nikon DSLR, but I only find it more than fair to keep an open mind on this one and ask you guys for help in this department.
So please let me know :
- Do you own a compact camera and if yes, which one?
- Have you ever tried (or owned) one that you think is the absolute best?
- Any other advice you can give is moooore than welcome so don't hesitate :)
I'm really curious about all your experiences and tips!
Lots of love, Daphne
fluffy jumper - Urban Outfitters // white tanktop, necklace & leather ankle boots - H&M // grey soft skinnies - Topshop (also seen here)
chain bag - Zara
Hi sweeties! How have you been? I've come down with a seriously badass type of stomach flu since last Sunday night and this is my first day (5 days later..) taking an attempt at sitting behind my laptop again. So yaayy, I succeeded :D hihi. Since I'm a naturally anxious kinda girl, times like these cause my brain to run overtime even more than normal, so I'd do anything to be up and running again real soon. Anyway enough about this, let's get to the outfit : How awesome is this fluffy jumper? It's like a wearable teddybear, without it being creepy ofcourse ;) Took these pics this weekend and this is one of the items I took home from the Urban Outfitters opening, so glad I did. IT'S SO FLUFFYYYYY.
Lots of love for you, Daphne
plaid blouse, jeans & shoulder bag - Zara // heeled ankle boots - Asos (also seen here & here) // rings - H&M
This week was incredibly fun, exciting and yes, a tad bit busy. We had the Bruno Mars concert in Amsterdam on Tuesday and it was SO. COOL.!!! We had amazing seats and his voice sounded incredible, it gives me goose bumps just thinking about it again :) Wednesday I added and changed some things up in our interior, which always results in me standing in front of a shelf/cupboard/display moving things from left to right and top to bottom till I'm happy about it, which can take a while just ask Pieter haha.. Thursday we took another drive up to Amsterdam for the Urban Outfitters opening and turned it in to a day in the city again, where we did a little shopping, some eating and a lottt of walking around. We had a great day!
The rest of the week/weekend was filled with catching up with a sweet girlfriend I hadn't seen in ages, dinner and movie night with a couple of our neighbours, laundry and some grocery shopping 'cause hey, these things gotta happen as well ;) How was your past week/weekend? Did anything fun or relaxing?
LOTS OF LOVE, DAPHNE
So freaking cool! We finally have an Urban Outfitters store over here in Holland. Both me and Pieter have been huge fans of the one in Antwerp so it is awesome to have one in Amsterdam as well. Yesterday I was invited to come and check it out before the actual opening today (so yes, you can head out the door as we speak and go check it out @ Kalverstraat 31-33 aaahhhh ;)) and it was so much fun browsing through all the quirky books, fun gadgets and the amazing selection of clothes & shoes. Came home with 2 bags filled with cool stuff I'll show you guys later on.
Thanks for having us Urban Outfitters! Will be visiting again real soon :)