- Bake yourself a nice plain cake using a either a good mix or a recipe like this, adding some finely chopped dark chocolates (or chocolate chips) and zest of half a lemon to the mixture before baking. Let it cool on a rack for a bit.
- Roughly chop about 150 grams of dark chocolate and melt it in a metal bowl over some simmering water.
- Cover the top and sides of the cake with the melted chocolate (tip! put a piece of aluminium foil underneath to catch any excess chocolate from dripping on your kitchen counter ;)
- While letting the chocolate cool, zest the other half of the lemon and mix it with some fine sugar. Put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes and decorate the cake with it when the chocolate hasn't completely set but did firm up a bit.
- And now, make yourself a fine cup a tea or coffee and enjoy this fresh treat with a good strong taste of chocolate. Mmm... who doesn't love citrus with a bit of choc-au-latteee :)
This really is such an easy thing to do with any plain cake mix or recipe and I promise you, it makes alllll the difference! Let me know if you've tried this and what you think of it!
PS. Watched Avatar the other night and LOVED it!