After discovering this amazing (new to me) dutch food blog Uit Pauline's Keuken last week, I stumbled upon this almost too good to be true fudge recipe. But let me tell you this, it is even easier than it seems (you don't think that's possible but ohooww yes it is) and the variations are endless. Add your favourite cookies, dried fruit or try it with milk or white chocolate. As I was making this for the very first time I stuck to the recipe which goes like this :
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 375 grams dark chocolate, chopped up
- 150 grams of (salted) peanuts
- 100 grams dried cranberries
- 2 hands of mini marshmallows
- Warm up the condensed milk so it thickens a little bit. (TIP! Do not boil, it will save you a trip to the supermarket to get a new can 'cause you let the first one burn, ahum..) So yes, on a medium heat that is :)
- Add the chopped up dark chocolate which will melt, and stir together.
- Now add the peanuts, cranberries and at last the marshmallows.
- Line a bakingtray or square mold with some parchment paper and put in the fudge mixture, press it down a little bit. Now leave it in the fridge for about 2 hours to let it cool and go solid.
- Chop 'em up in to some bitesize pieces, give some to your neighbours, friends and family (to prevent yourself from eating them all and trust me, they will love you for it!) and eat whatever is left accompanied by a big cup of delicious tea. Enjoy!