This is just the perfect Sunday morning breakfast.. or Saturday afternoon lunch.. or maybe a Wednesday pick-me-up.. you'll get what I'm saying ;) It's ready to eat in minutes and to me there's nothing like warm fresh fruit over some warm crunchy baked toast, mmm...
What you'll need (2 servings) :
- 4 slices of bread, white or wholegrain
- 3 eggs
- a big handfull of fresh blueberries
- half a lemon
- splash of milk
- some sugar (granulated + icing for dusting)
- a bit of cinnamon
- some butter for the pan
How to get this on your plate :
- Mix together the eggs with the milk, sugar and cinnamon. Heat up a frying pan (medium to high heat, but not too high) and add some butter to the pan.
- Wash the blueberries and warm them in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the juice and zest of half a lemon and let simmer till it becomes a sauce. Add sugar to your taste.
- Meanwhile, dip your bread through the egg-mixture and bake in the frying pan till golden on both sides.
- Now put your crunchy french toast on a plate, dust over some icing sugar and top it off with the delicious fruity blueberries. Enjoy!!
Have you ever tried french toast before?
LOTS OF LOVE, DAPHNE