Okay, so let's talk galaxy nails.. I've seen these pretty little works of art pass by on the internet but I always assumed they were done by a very crafty and skilled sweetie at the nail salon. Turns out : it's a DIY kinda thing! Yayy :)
Now let's give it a go! What you need:
- a dark colored nailpolish, black, dark blue, burgundy, whatever you've got
- a good white nailpolish
- a couple of bright colors, neon yellow, bright pink, a bit of galaxy purple, go crazy!
- some toothpicks and bits of sponge (I cut off bits of a dishwashing sponge)
- a clear top coat
How it works:
- Apply 2 thin layers of the dark color and let it dry.
- Take your white nailpolish and using the toothpick with a little piece of sponge at the end (you could also use some tweezers to hold the sponge, whatever works for you!) sponge on a galaxy-way across your nail. Make sure not to put too much polish on your sponge, you can use a paper towel to get rid of any excess polish.
- Now let's add some space dust in bright colors the same way using the sponge, going around the white and blending it in a bit. (you can also add some glitter polish in this step, very cool!)
- Time for stars! Take a toothpick and dip it in your white nailpolish and directly on to your nail, making bigger and smaller stars on to your nails.
- Make sure everything is dry and use remover to get rid of any misstakes, now top it off with a good coat of clear polish so everything becomes shiny and protected. That's it!
Trust me when I tell you it is wayyy easier than it seems! Just give it a go and let me know how it went.
LOTS OF LOVE, DAPHNE