If you have never tried this before and love a soft fluffy potatoe with a crunchy/crispy bite to it (and let's face it, who doesn't ;) promise me you'll give this a try!
It's just sooo darn good.
How to :
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into big chunks.
- Cook them in boiling water for about 10-15 minutes or till you can easily prick a fork in them.
- Drain them in a colander and now for the fun part, fluff them up a bit by shaking them around in the colander. They break a bit and it loosens the surface what will give some golden crispy bits later on, mmm.
- Now put some oil (I used olive oil) in a baking tray and put your potatoes in there making sure they all touch the bottom of the tray. Stick 'em in a preheated oven at 190 C for 30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes take them out, shake em about and at this point you can toss in some fresh herbs if you like, just some sea salt and pepper will taste awesome as well don't worry! And put 'em back in the oven for the remaining 10 minutes.
- Ahhh they're done!!! We like ourselves some mayonnaise, but they taste awesome with any kind of condiment you like so go crazy and enjoy your tasty, crisp and golden potatoes.
We had them with a nice piece of grilled chicken and some steamed veggies but I'm sure they will taste great with almost anything!
Lots of love and don't forget to tell me about it if you've tried them, Daphne