January is always kinda odd. But for some reason I didn't get to enjoy the December month with all it's festivities as much as usual this past year so this time January feels like a nice breath of fresh air! New chances, opportunities and maybe also a time to relax a bit and focus on all things that truly matter.
I don't do new years resolutions in the traditional 'now-it's-a-new-year-so-I'm-changing-my-whole-self' kinda way, BUT I do like the idea of improving things and remembering myself to keep some already made positive changes going (plus I looove making lists!! ;) So here goes :
- Start planning our trip to New York, even though it might still take 1 or 2 years 'till we'll actually go, planning and daydreaming about it will take us one step further to actually going.
- Keep on continuing my good breakfast-routine. I used to be a girl who skipped breakfast (or even lunch..) almost on a regular basis, but this was one thing I changed in 2013 and will definitely keep on doing in 2014.
- Wear more prints and colors!!! Lately I've gotten very tired of my existing wardrobe with all it's uni-colors and when I say colors, I actually mean mostly black/white/grey and denim.. Gotta keep this in mind when shopping the next time.
- Go out more. I love being at home and spending evenings with friends playing boardgames or watching movies, and I sure want to continue doing that but also have to step out of my comfort zone every now and then and go out..
- Getting more sleep. Since I'm a total evening/night person, but also love getting up early in the morning, this isn't the best combination. So hopefully I'll learn to go to bed a little bit earlier and feel more rested during the day, ahhh ;)
- Beat my anxiety and face fears. This might actually be the biggest one up there, but also the hardest one. Anyone who has dealt with anxiety knows how hard it is to get over, but I'm determined to give it my all and feel free and more at ease.
- Start having regular date-nights with my love. When you're living together and both run a busy schedule, keeping up with the household and such things, having date-nights get pushed to the background and I think it's such a shame. I love dressing up for him and going out together, just the two of us. So here's to starting traditions together :)
- Keep walking and enjoying the outdoors like this past year. Almost every evening we go out for a quick walk and love the fresh air, gazing at the stars and just talking about the big & little things that happened that day. It's actually one of my favourite things to do and is definitely a keeper in this new year.
These pictures are from our pre-dinner walk this past Sunday. It was cold, a little bit more windy than I expected so we were only out for about an hour, but it was good. Clears your head and it makes you discover new places. I found we actually have a little pond nearby with geese, black swans and other lovely animals walking around, next time we'll bring some bread guys!
Lots of love, Daphne