You see the chain loafers popping op everywhere, from the affordable versions over at H&M, Asos, Topshop etc., to the gorgeous "let's have some serious day-dreaming about these" from Céline. But it was when I was browsing a bit on Natasha Goldenberg's instagram and found this picture right here, that made me have a lightbulb-moment in the form of a Chain loafer DIY.
- a pair of loafers, I chose my black velvet ones from Zara
- some sort of chain, you can buy some at a DIY-store or use a necklace like I did this one from H&M
- needle and sturdy thread in the colour of your loafers
- something to cut your chain in the desired length
- Determine how long you want your chain to be, holding them across the toe of your shoes and cut two pieces at the right length.
- Now sow one piece of the chain on to the side of the shoe, making sure it is well secured.
- Use a piece of tape, to help your chain to stay put when you're sowing the other side to the shoe.
- You're done! Easy peasy and a really cool upgrade for an otherwise plain pair of loafers.