So let's talk food. Maybe oatmeal doesn't sound as your typical 'yum' ingredient. I know it didn't for me, for a looong time, but boy was I wrong!
I've actually came up with these full of flavour, super quick and easy to make cookies/pancakes (you call 'em just the way you like 'em ;) that are great for lunch, breakfast and might even do well as a late night snack, just saying..
Okay, what you'll need (for 3 small ones, just multiply if you're making more) :
- 1 egg
- a splash of rice milk (any milk will do)
- 4 small tomatoes or 1 normal size
- fresh parsley (optional)
- salt & pepper
- coconut oil (or something else for cooking)
- Crack the egg in a bowl and add the oatmeal & milk until it becomes a thick pancake/cookie like batter.
- Finely slice the parsley & tomatoes. Stir them in to the batter.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Now cook them in a frying pan over medium heat, until they're golden. Turn regularly.
They have already been on the breakfast/lunch menu 3 times this week, so I'm safe to say it has become a go-to recipe in no time! Of course you can switch things up with adding some red onion, fresh garlic or maybe some cheese if you like.
For a breakfast version I'd recommend blueberries instead of tomatoes, and cinnamon instead of paper and salt. Oh my gosh they were good!
Go ahead, try them out and don't forget to come back here and tell me what you think.
Also please leave me a comment if you have any other great ideas in using oatmeal. I'm still learning in that department :)