Well hello there! How was your weekend? I had the week off and spent a lot of time catching up on some housework, taking Zoë for long walks (where we somehow managed to escape the rain every single time, whoop whoop) and redecorating our walk-in closet. Pictures will follow soon.
As a perfect way to end our lovely week and weekend, I made this super easy breakfast cake yesterday morning. To once again, leave the whole house smelling wonderfully of cinnamon and blueberries.
Let me take you through the steps and ingredients :
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oatmeal
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- handful of blueberries (I used frozen ones, they'll go right in from the freezer)
- handful of cranberries/goji berries/other dried berries you like
- nuts to your taste (I used brazil nuts)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180 C / 375 F.
- Mash up the banana using a fork, it helps if you squeeze the banana a bit while it's still in it's peel.
- Add the egg, oatmeal, almond meal, cranberries, (frozen) blueberries and nuts. Mix together.
- Now add the cinnamon and a pinch of salt, to your very own liking.
- Line an oven dish with some baking paper (if you hold it under the tap for a few seconds, the water makes it flexible, just squeeze out the excess water and it's so much easier to use), pour in your cake mix, sprinkle over some oatmeal flakes for instant pretty-ness, and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on it, every oven is different.
There you have it. Your cake is done! While you're waiting I'd strongly advise to make yourself a delicious cup of coffee, tea or very on-season a pumpkin latte. Kick back and listen to your favorite music while the room starts to smell like early morning heaven. (Or maybe not so super early, that's okay too ;) Enjoy!