What I've got here for you, is almost too good (and easy!) to be true. The only requirement is that you love chocolate. Well that's one huge CHECK in that box for me, and I'm guessing a lot of you with me :)
What you'll need for these chocolate clusters :
- about 200 grams of your favorite chocolate (I used 76%)
- some cranberries
- a handfull of nuts (I used brazil nuts)
- teaspoon of cinnamon
- couple pinches of sea salt
Now put on your favorite Beyoncé track while following these next, ridiculously easy steps. (Current favorite 7/11. Yeah you know it.) :
- Roughly chop up your chocolate and melt it over some simmering water.
- In another bowl mix your cranberries with the (if you want to, chopped up) nuts and the teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Mix the melted chocolate with the berry/nut mix and scoop little piles of the mixture on a plate covered with parchment paper. (I took the draw out of the freezer and lined it with parchment paper. This also speeds up the cooling down process. Win/win if you ask me.)
- Just before popping them in the freezer, sprinkle a little bit of sea salt on top of each chocolate cluster.
- Now let them sit in the freezer for a while. If you're lucky and your freezer is having a good day, they might be ready after just half an hour. Yay!
Told you it was too good to be true right! I also made some with shredded coconut and a couple with milk chocolate for Pieter. We still had 3 episodes of Gotham left on our recorder so I think you can imagine how long these little chunks of heaven (yes I've said it. Chocolate heaven.) lasted..
Go try them out and tag/comment/email me if you do so!
Lots of love, Daphne